PADI Tec 40
The Tec 40 course develops the core, the foundation of skills needed for entry into the field of technical diving and provides a smooth transition from recreational diving. It teaches the skills that allow divers to safely extend stays on deeper dives, wrecks and amazing walls in an enjoyable and challenging way.
The goals of the Tec 40 course –
• To introduce and develop the core skills for future technical diving in overhead environments like caves, wrecks, mixed gas diving, full decompression diving and CCR diving.
• To provide a ‘technical level’ skill set and mindset for recreational diving. Bringing the skills developed on the Tec program into the recreational world will make you an exceptional recreational diver.
The TEC 40 course will introduce new equipment and skills to the diver, plus it offers a greater level of theoretical knowledge with the end result being a higher level of diving ability gained, a greater knowledge of diving attained in regards to understanding key concepts like trim, propulsion, gas management, turn pressure and precise gas planning plus a wider spectrum of skills mastered and equipment options at their disposal.
The TEC 40 program will create a much safer, confident diver who possesses an increased ability in diving. A Tec 40 diver will feel more confident and well prepared to deal with any eventuality they may face underwater.
The TEC 40 is a 4 day program with 4 in water training sessions and upon completion, the successful candidate will be qualified to complete up to 10 minutes of non-accelerated decompression while breathing from one additional deco cylinder of up to EANx50. This program must be completed successfully before moving onto Tec 45 & Tec 50.
• Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with EANx deeper than 18metres
• Be at least 18 years old
• Have a medical form signed by your physician
Course Duration: 4 Days