TDI Technical Divemaster
The TDI Technical Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification in the TDI Leadership levels. During this course you will be challenged and learn what it is like to work with divers as they begin or continue their technical diving experiences. You will learn how to manage divers, work the dive deck of a boat, and conduct enjoyable dives.
Dive physics, physiology, how conduct pre-dive briefing, how to assist technical instructors as well as how to be a professional TDI Divemaster are all part of the course. Your skills will be refined to demonstration quality and your knowledge increased to that of a professional.
Should you decide you want to teach technical diver courses you will need to complete a Instructor Development Course; here you will learn more about academic and in-water presentations, conducting courses and diver management. Once you become an open water instructor you can expand your résumé and add the technical areas that interest you to teach.
Qualifications of Graduates:
• Assist an active TDI Instructor during approved diving courses
• Supervise and conduct dives for certified technical divers
• This program does not cover overhead environment with the exception of advanced wreck
• Minimum age 18
• Certified as a Divemaster
• Provide copies of current CPR and first aid training
• Have a current medical examination
• Provide proof of 50 logged dives
• Certified as technical diver for which they are applying as a Divemaster in.
Course Duration: Approx. 2 weeks (performance based)