PADI Tec Sidemount Instructor
The Tec Sidemount Instructor course prepares candidates to conduct the Tec Sidemount Diver course and addresses the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, promotion and other aspects of teaching the Tec Sidemount Diver course.
Why teach Tec Sidemount course? Sidemount diving is well suited to a lot of different environments. For tec divers, it is more convenient for traveling when double cylinders aren’t available.
It is popular for cave diving and single cylinders are easier to haul when divers must carry gear through rough terrain to the water’s edge. Additionally, some divers who have physical limitations prefer sidemountover wearing heavy backmounted cylinders.
1. PADI Enriched Air Instructor
2. PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor
3. 100 logged dives including 20 dives with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives deeper than 18 m/ 60 ft and 15 dives deeper than 30 m/100 ft
4. Tec 45 Diver certification (or qualifying certification)
1. PADI Tec Instructor (or TecRec Instructor with a higher rating)
2. PADI Tec Sidemount Diver certification
3. 20 technical sidemount dives including 10 with three or more cylinders (two mains and at least one stage/deco cylinder)
4. Completed the Tec Sidemount Instructor Training course
Materials for the Instructor Course (not included!)
1. Tec Sidemount Diver Instructor Manual
Course Duration: 3-4 days
PADI Fee: The Tec Sidemount Instructor course application fee is 118A$.