Can you see the light? If you dive within the light zone of a cave (the area near the cave entrance where natural light is always visible) you are in the cavern zone. The fun part is exploring secrets hidden in caverns around the world and having the knowledge and skills to do it correctly, with the TDI Cavern Course.
There are some well known cavern systems around the world that offer the chance to visit true geological history. You can visit caverns here in Thailand with us allowing YOU to become part of the adventure. With our portable compressor and partnerships with services on the main land (just a few hours away), we are able to access the recently dammed Khao Sok village and newly created underwater caverns full of stalagmites, stalactites, and old growth forests.
This is a challenging and very exciting course that includes four training dives over two days. During your 4 cavern training dives you’ll practice line handling, reel use and emergency procedures in the overhead environment, staying within the light zone and 60 meters/200 feet total distance from the surface.
What you will learn:
• Cavern navigation and line protocols
• Planning, organization, techniques, problems and hazards of cavern diving
• Special equipment use, such as lights, guidelines, reels and redundant breathing systems
• Air sharing, disorientation, silting, line problems and other emergency procedures specific to cavern diving
• Silt prevention, buoyancy control, air management and emergency procedures
• Depth and distant limits for cavern diving
Our Khao Sok trips are some of the most enjoyed and popular experiences. For the purpose of training divers in the accepted protocols and methods for overhead diving we travel to the mainland for some real cavern diving. The National Park, Khao Sok is one of the oldest rain forests in the world as it was never effected by the ice age. 126 square kilometers of lake allows us not only to ensure the best logistics are provided as far as dive sites and training areas but leaves room for exploration and discovery as well. We run monthly trips to Khao Sok so contact us to see when the next trip is heading out! After the cavern diver course the next levels are TDI Intro to Cave and TDI Full Cave. We have several packages available depending on the training level you are looking for. Custom packages and internship programs are also available.
• Provide proof of a minimum of 25 dives
• Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Be at least 18 years old
• Tec 40 or Sidemount recommended
Course Duration: 2 Days, 4 dives at Khao Sok national Park
*for Best Value complete as part of the Cavern and Intro to Cave Package*